Sunday 5 February 2017

More Melted Circles - Part 1


I've been working on this large melted piece in felt and organza. I used geometrically patterned and spotty organza fabric on top of black felt. First I layered them and then fused them together with the soldering iron and ruler.



Next I added a variety of patterns with the soldering iron. In places I melted right through so the piece has holes in it.



I then removed some of the layers with tweezers to show the darker layer underneath.



I then distressed the fabric further with the heat gun.


I cut out lots of different sized circles with the soldering iron and backed them with orange organza. For this piece I'm interested in using both the circles and the remaining piece they were cut from.



Next I'm going to free machine some of the circles back into the holes and then layer more circles on top. Pop back soon to see the next stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment