Saturday 12 May 2018

Gelli®, Stamped, Hand-Dyed, Printed, Painted and Stitched, Travel Journal with Fabric Inserts.

Fabric travel journal, pieced, printed green purple fabric inserts

What a mouthful of a title - this latest fabric journal has it all! I raided my collection of fabrics and found these colourful feather pieces. The green one is a deconstructed screen print overlaid with Gelli® mono-prints including one made with a real feather. The pink fabric is hand dyed and again mono-printed before being overlaid with an Art Foamies feather stamp. I collected a range of other fabrics to go with the feathers including hand-dyed and commercially printed cottons and some gold lutradur.


For this journal I combined 2 tutorials from DMTV and added my own twist by inserting a hard backed travel journal into the slip cover as in my previous post. The triangles, rectangles, kites and stripes are all inserted into the seams and are very tactile as they can "flap" about.





I'm still working on refining my design for the perfect binding. more to come I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment