Sunday 5 August 2018

WA Craft Show Review


I've spent most of this weekend at the WA Craft Show. There were lots of fabulous displays on show. These pieces were from the Art to Wear exhibition which also includes a student section.









Also on display was the WA Quilt Show. I loved these raw edge applique giraffe quilts.




This (below) was my favourite of the large quilts. It's a whole cloth piece which looks like it has been digitally printed by the artist.



There were plenty of traditional quilts on display too, which aren't really my thing, but I liked this colourful one with so much intricate stitching.


Bunbury Quilt challenge had a great display too.


 
Powertex were there with their usual awesome display of 2D and 3D art. I just love this mixed media triptych.




The Western Dollmakers had a fantastic display which featured many textile doll sculptures.








Many of the local guilds and craft groups were there including Textile Arts and Mixed Media Inc:




The 84 Contemporary Textiles Group:


And Feltwest:



All in all it was a very inspiring show.

No comments:

Post a Comment