Thursday 19 April 2018

Intense Colour


Today I wanted really bright colours. Instead of watercolours which can be a bit wishy-washy I mixed a small amount of Procion fabric dye, this can be used just like watercolours on paper and fabric and has the advantage of being really intense. I also used Inktense water soluble pencils for the outlines. Unlike ordinary water soluble pencil the colours are much brighter and are permanent once activated with water and then dried. Some of the paintings are hand drawn whilst others use rubbings with oil pastel or Shiva sticks. I sprinkled on some salt in places to give a nice bubbly texture. I'll work back into some of these pictures again with some bleach and more colour.





These pieces are handmade paper which was impressed with leaves whilst it was being made. I used Shiva sticks to rub over the raised leaf patterns to highlight the texture.





This is a blind contour mono-print of a table lamp onto fabric. I've added pattern with rubbings and colour with dye.


No comments:

Post a Comment