Sunday 22 July 2018

A New Piece Begins...


Today I finally started a piece that has been in my head several months. The experiments are complete and the fabrics have been "measured" out for the final work. I say "measured" because you know that measuring is really not my strong point! Luckily this piece will be heavily distressed with a heat gun which will shrink and distort it anyway so any less-than-straight edges (and there are many of them!) will not show. Another advantage of distressing the fabric is that any mistakes in the stitching will also be very difficult to spot. If this piece sells I have planned to donate the proceeds to charity. I can't tell you which charity yet because that will give away too much information about the design and spoil the surprise.


No comments:

Post a Comment