Thursday 5 July 2018

Mono-Printed Sun Motif

mono print sun gelli print on fabric

This months Gelli Arts® Challenge is "Sunny Season". These prints are just about the only thing sunny about Perth Australia right now! You can join the challenge and enter to win on the Gelli Arts® Facebook Page.

The sun is made on cotton fabric using a freezer paper stencil ironed in place before I made the print. I used thickened Procion dyes on the Gelli®. Dyes don't make such crisp prints as acrylics but have the advantage of penetrating the fabric rather than sitting on top like paint does; this means the hand of the fabric is still soft. Once the initial print was dry and the stencil removed I used the Gelli® with block ink to draw the outlines from the reverse. I'll sew into it a some point.

I used up leftover dye and ink on these 2 prints, the red one on cotton and the black one on paper.


black and white sun mono print

No comments:

Post a Comment