Wednesday 5 December 2018

Photos to Fabric


Here are another 2 great cotton fat quarters I've just received from Spoonflower. This time I combined multiple images and filters in PhotoShop to produce the patterned flower image. First I used a botanical photograph (I have no memory of which one) and a kaleidoscope filter to make the pattern in the leaves.


Then I combined the plant picture with a picture of some bamboo. Coloured filters were added on top.


The fat quarter on the right is a mirror image repeat of a photograph of some columns in a wall in Perth. You can see from the original photograph that I've changed up the colours a lot in PhotoShop. The Spoonflower website can take any image and make it into a mirror image repeat for you.


You can buy any of these designs (and others) in my Spoonflower shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment