Wednesday 1 May 2019

Collaged Sketchbook Page


I've broken lots of composition rules with this sketchbook page. The main focus is right in the middle although I've used rule of thirds with the shelf. It started as an enlarged photocopy of a photograph of some bottles. Distractions in the background were painted out with white paint. I found a Gelli® mono-print of bottles in blue. This was collaged over the photocopy. I used a Stabilo All Pencil to add drawing to merge the 2 images together as it had a similar quality to the printed marks. Colour and highlights were added with Posca paint pens. I found some paper with the small amphorae printed on it in a similar blue colour. This was added to the bottom right and a scrap on the left. The leaves are printed with a hand cut eraser block. The top left was looking a little bare but I didn't want to overwhelm it with too much colour. I used a square stencil to draw in a window shape that echos that on the photocopy on the right. A little graphite, and it's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment