Thursday 3 October 2019

Let it sit - Gelli® and Pastels


Jane Davenport has just released this new video using the Gelli Arts® gel plate and pastels.


In her video she explains that she lets the paper sit on the plate for 6-10 minutes before lifting off the print. Normally I would lift the paper straight away to avoid it sticking to the plate so I was intrigued by this and decide to test it out. I have been having terrible trouble with getting all of my pastels to life off the plate without leaving half of them behind. Turns out that Jane's advice is great - just let it sit! I also found that rubbing the paper gently rather than hard worked well too.

Here are my prints drawn from magazine and book images using Copic markers and PanPastels.





This one was made using one of Jane's face stencils.


No comments:

Post a Comment