Friday 28 September 2018

More Needle Felted Bottles

needle felt bottle with sari silk wool silk and organza rainbow coloured

Today I've continued experimenting with my needle-felting machine which now only has 3 of its 5 needles intact. I took the bottle motif from my last session and felted it to a background of acrylic and wool felt and organza. I added some more organza within the bottle shape for a highlight.

The piece below was felted with a hand-dyed wool prefelt onto an acrylic felt background. I used some yarn for the black outline and wool and silk fibres to ad some more colour.


I used cut pieces of an old scarf for the checker-board pattern. It looked a bit too bright so some wool fibres over the top calmed it down a bit. I used some sheer fabric from another old scarf for the texture at the bottom. Again some organza was added for the highlight.


I'll be adding stitch to these when my machine gets back from its service.

No comments:

Post a Comment