Monday 24 September 2018

Needle Felt Fun


My sewing machine is in the shop getting it's service so that only leaves me with my needle-felting machine to play with. I'm experimenting with positive and negative shapes.


First I needle-felted some sari silks to a piece of acrylic felt. As this was going to be a bottle I laid them down in curved lines. I used a paper stencil to cut out the bottle shape. I folded the felt in half to do this so I would get a positive and a negative shape.






I've attached the negative shape to another piece of felt and started to add some more colour. The positive shape hasn't been worked on yet. The smaller bottles have had a little hand stitch to embellish them. I want to add some thicker threads for the outline but I'll wait until my sewing machine is back as the felt is getting a bit thick and I keep breaking needles.



No comments:

Post a Comment