Tuesday 25 September 2018

Needle Felted Tulips Part 1


I've been working on this needle felted tulip piece inspired by one of my photographs.


Step 1 was to needle felt down some organza in greens and yellows onto a piece of acrylic felt.


I got this crochet scarf from the charity shop with cutting it up for art in mind! Down it went.



Next I added some green silk for even more texture and some orange gauze for the petals.


Extra colour was added to the petals with silk and wool fibres. A piece of sari silk forms the stem with more organza for leaves.


The 3rd flower was formed the same way.



This stand-alone flower was made with 3 pieces of felt with silk fibres for colour. The ragged edge is a piece of sari silk ribbon. I don't know yet if this will go with the other piece or become a new piece.



No comments:

Post a Comment