Wednesday 31 October 2018

Multi-Layered Gelli® Mono-Print


I've just discovered a fantastic print artist from the UK called Rebecca Vincent. Make sure you check out her web page and You-Tube for amazing work. Rebecca uses oil based inks and a printing press to make her prints, I wanted to see if I could get something similar with the Gelli® plate and acrylics. The main disadvantage of using the acrylics is the fast drying time which means you have to work fast with your mark-making and you can't make anything too big. Despite the drawbacks I really like these landscape prints I made which remind me of the Pilbara in Western Australia.




Now I've got the hang of the technique I'll be trying some with my favourite images such as the tulips experiment below. Looks like I was a bit heavy handed with the black ink when adding the mono-print outline at the end; I'll use a stencil to mask out the background next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment