Sunday 28 October 2018

Sew Useful


I know how to make textile art. I know how to felt and dye, how to do machine embroidery, melt fabrics together, make quilts and all sorts of other textile creations. I'm embarrassed to say I have no idea how to make anything useful! I've never made clothing, home furnishings (except cushions), bags or accessories. I think it might have something to do with my inability to measure or cut straight!

Well I decided I might like to make some bags and You-Tube is always ready to help. I've started very simply with these drawstring bags. I've used some random hand-me-down fabric scraps that were lying about the place. I think now I've got the hang of them I'll use some of my more pretty hand dyed and decorated fabrics for the next batch.

I used tutorials from Made Everyday. The bag above is a simple drawstring with boxed corners. Here is the video:


The bag below is a simple drawstring bag that can also be worn as a backpack.



No comments:

Post a Comment