Tuesday 8 January 2019

Pour 'n' Stitch


You may recall a while ago I tried out acrylic pouring. Whilst you can get some nice pretty pictures there's not much skill involved and the paintings look like every other acrylic pour I've seen. I wanted to try something different. As usual my mind turned to the question "Can you sew on it?".

Well it turns out that yes you can sew onto an acrylic pour by hand and machine. I had some leftover paint hanging about so I used it to make an acrylic pour directly onto a silicone craft sheet. Several days later it was dry and could be just peeled right off.



I cut some rocky hillside shapes from the pour, sandwiched them between some soluble stabiliser and started to stitch.







This one I pulled the stitches to gather the pour into a 3D rock.


On some of the pours I left some glue residue when I washed away the stabiliser. I then moulded them into shape and left it all to dry again.



I think they will become part of my collage and stitch landscapes.





No comments:

Post a Comment